[K12OSN] RSS feed suggestions?

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Mon Dec 5 06:26:12 UTC 2005

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005, Quentin Hartman wrote:

> Colleagues-
>
> I am in the final stages of rolling out a new district webpage built
> around a CMS called Webgui. One of it's features is to easily add
> syndicated content from other sites via rss feeds. It occurred to me that
> this would be a good way to get "free" content updates and improve the
> perception of the new site. Do any of you know of sites with good rss
> feeds that would appeal to the typical K-12 website audience? I see that
> as parents, teachers, students, in that order of priority. Personally, I'd
> have no problem finding techy ones, but the school-centric ones are
> proving harder to find...

I grepped my proxy logs and didn't find much, mostly tech & newspaper
feeds.

I poked around the BBC & CNN and found education RSS feeds:

 	http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline_uk_edition/education/rss.xml
 	http://rss.cnn.com/rss/cnn_education.rss

The Department of Education has a feed:

 	http://www.ed.gov/news/newsletters/rssnewsfeed.html