[K12OSN] K12LTSP...My Opinion

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Mon Dec 5 13:52:07 UTC 2005

vangundypw at sau14.k12.nh.us on Sunday, December 4, 2005 at 8:16 PM +0000
wrote:
>David,
>
>Yes, I did meet you briefly. Matt introduced me to you. I would be more
>than willing to present at the NELS this summer. What type of material
>is gone over at the NELS? Is it like the McAuliffe conference? As I just
>moved to NH within the past year I am not familiar with the technology
>conferences in this geographical area.

It's much more immersive and hands-on....you stay right on campus and
live, sleep, eat, and breathe Linux and FOSS for several days.  The
camaraderie along is work the price of admission.  You may or not have
found out yet that Maine and NH have it "going on" as far as Linux in
schools is concerned.  ;-)

>If it is ok, I would also like to swing by Vassalboro and see what you
>have going on sometime and how you are utilizing Linux and open source
>technology. Just let me know if this is ok and we'll set up a time.

No problem....Thursdays are usually best, but let me know and we can
arrange something.....you're more than welcome to come  :-)

>-Paul
>
>PS - I will keep you posted as I continue to work on assistive
>technologies using Linux.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School