RE: [K12OSN] Magazine mock-up...getting the hang of Scribus!

On Saturday, December 03, 2005 9:35 AM, Timothy Hart said:

>> Great work. I am playing around with the same thing. Although I
>> am having a little trouble with color matching. I am trying to
>> get it a little more lickable (gradients and such) and am making
>> the header and borders in inkscape. Keeping it SVG and importing
>> it into Scribus is nice, but Scribus seems to chew the SVG a
>> little in the color department.
>>
>> Also any gradient I export to PDF seems washed out.

When you created the PDF, what setting did you have on the Color tab of
the export dialog?  I've found that Screen/Web is the proper choice
here.  Note that this setting doesn't have anything whatsoever to do
with image compression, just the color model used.  If you had it set to
Printer, try Screen/Web and see if that doesn't help.  If you continue
to have problems, I'd recommend the excellent Scribus mailing list.