Re: [K12OSN] I need to make Flash work faster....wanna pitch

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 08:09:40AM -0500, William Fragakis wrote:
> 4) Block all the flash ads that you can. A lot of "kids" educational
> sites are also full of Flash adverts that compound the problem.

This is a great plugin for Netscape, Mozilla and Firefox, for folks
who need to support Flash, but don't want to have it eating CPU when
you're not using it (e.g., banners on non-flash sites):

  http://flashblock.mozdev.org/

"Flashblock is an extension for the Mozilla, Firefox, and Netscape
browsers that takes a pessimistic approach to dealing with Macromedia
Flash content on a webpage and blocks ALL Flash content from
click to download and then view the Flash content."

Enjoy! :)

<snip>
> Now, if I could figure out how to run Shockwave...

CodeWeaver's Crossover, perhaps?

--
-bill!
bill newbreedsoftware com