[K12OSN] OT - easy VPN setup with cipe gone

Dear Folks,
	a question off the regular track: what do you suggest I should use
for creating VPN tunnels, now that CIPE is no longer available for new K12
software? I got spoiled with CIPE being first choice in "neat".
	A connected question: is there an easy way to encrypt a GRE
tunnel? It seems that creating them should be easy with ip command, I
don't see the options for encryption.
	thanks, julius