[K12OSN] First set of K12LTSP 4.2.2EL 64 bit packages

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Tue Dec 6 07:05:15 UTC 2005

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I've been working on native 64bit builds
of K12LTSP. I decided to start with a CentOS 4.2 x86_64 base first,
since that is the most difficult. A Fedora 4 x86_64 build will follow.

The bulk of the work is done, but there is still much to do. At this
point, the repositories work properly (at least I *think* they are
working properly ;-).

No ISOs yet, but that should be easy once the packages are finished.

Childsplay is known to be broken. All other programs at least startup
and *look* like they work ok.

There is no NASD sound support (currently the default in lts.conf)
since I don't have 64 bit compatible server-side libraries. The
default will most likely be changed to ESD.

Firefox has been replaced with the 32bit version. This was done so
that the plugins work: flash, acrobat, java, etc.

If you have a spare 64 bit box laying around and feel the urge
to help me test, install CentOS 4.2 x86_64 and run these commands...

rpm --import http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/RPM-GPG-KEY-centos4
rpm --import http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP-GPG-KEY
rpm -Uhv ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/4.2.2EL-64bit/RPMS/new/k12ltsp-release-4.2.2EL-0.noarch.rpm
rpm --import /usr/share/doc/k12ltsp/*KEY*
yum install k12ltsp-core k12ltsp-education k12ltsp-extras k12ltsp-utils

-Eric