Re: [K12OSN] Missing root-path

> THEN Just after the message appears :::::
>
> ""running dhcpcd on port 67
>
> eth0:media link On 100Mbts full duplex
>
> Error!! No root-path, Check dhcp config etc etc etc..""
>
> The beasty hangs on me...!!
>
> I have looked at the dhcp config and cannot see a problem. the
> option root-path appears to be specified ok???
>
> any suggestions Please..Remember i am a virgin here just 3days into
> linux !!!

My guess is that you have another DHCP server interfering.  Chances are your
router or some other machine on the network is beating your Linux box to the
punch when offering dhcp.  Try simply unhooking the setup from the rest of
your network and booting it to prove out the theory (unplug the second NIC on
the server that goes to the network not the client, or if running a single NIC
setup unplug the cable feeding the local switch from the network, if both are
plugged into a router with integrated switch then be sure the routers dhcp is
turned off).  I think this is a common mistake.