[K12OSN] Kernel Panic

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Dec 6 14:19:04 UTC 2005

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 21:34:32 -0600, John G. Ruff wrote
> Thank you so much for your advice. It turns out that I updated
> the packages on the (Linux based) firewall system & the DHCP
> server got turned back on. It really is hard to keep track of all
> of the side effects.
>
> After all the time I spent on this today, the couple dollars
> sounds like a plan.

Email Paul Unwin, he has the same problem :-)

I always try and remember to run "chkconfig service_name off" for things like
this.  Otherwise I turn off critical services like an extra dhcp and then
months later when I finally reboot a system (thanks stable linux) I no longer
remember that I had stopped certain services and then all hell breaks loose.