Re: [K12OSN] Wierd question. . .

On 06 Dec 2005, at 4:32 PM, Paul VanGundy wrote:

Doug,

Have you checked out http://rom-o-matic.net/? They might have what you're
looking for.

-Paul

Paul VanGundy
Information Technology Director
Epping High School
Epping Middle School
P: 603.679.5472 x219
F: 603.679.2966
vangundypw sau14 k12 nh us

-----Original Message-----
From: k12osn-bounces redhat com [mailto:k12osn-bounces redhat com] On Behalf
Of Doug Simpson
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 9:29 AM
To: k12osn redhat com
Subject: [K12OSN] Wierd question. . .

I have a 386 computer that has no card slots and no PCMCIA slots but want
to floppy-boot it to a console session from my terminal server for
diagnostics and configuration/monitoring purposes.

I have a Compex parallel ethernet adapter and was wondering if there is an
etherboot floppy for that device.

Wierd, I know, but it is just for the heqq of it anyway. . . But after
all, it is about bringing new life back to older hardware. . . I like to
take the "old hardware" literally. . .

Not sure about this, but I seem to recall that the LTSP kernel stopped working on 386's back around 3.10.5, so you may have to go back a bit and make sure you have a 386 compatible kernel.

ed