[K12OSN] SME remote access using IE

John G. Ruff JRuff at Sihope.com
Tue Dec 6 17:47:58 UTC 2005

An easy way to do the updates is to install yum, then do a yum update,
post-install, reboot sequence. The instructions for all of this are on
the contribs.org website: http://contribs.org/modules/news/  Go to the
Downloads page, click on the "this page" link in the top line under
"Update SME Server". The page is (now) at:
http://contribs.org/modules/phpwiki/index.php/How%20to%20update%20SME%
20Server

All of the previous remote admin methods work, & using SSH is highly
recommended.

You can also access it directly from a browser: 1) In the remote
system's server-manager, go to the "Remote Access" panel and enter the
(external) IP address of the local system(s) which will be used to
control it; 2) Set the mask as appropriate; 3) In the local system
browser's location field enter https://<remote IP
address>/server-manager.

This is not very useful if your local IP address is dynamic. In my
experience, Opera does not work with the SME Server pages, it shows the
pages, but does not post the changes.

jr