[K12OSN] OT database help

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Dec 6 18:27:07 UTC 2005

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 13:13:32 -0500, Peter Hartmann wrote
> I recently learned that I need to be able to sort users by class.
> I'm guessing that the best way is to have users in a database?  If I
> set up a table with fields for last name, first name, username, and class
> couldn't I import a csv file into it if the data was in the same
> order?  Or is there a way to sort rows by the data in a column in a
> spreadsheet?  Obviously my office chops are pretty sad.  Any thoughts?

I know Chuck Liebow has his LDAP configured with students and staff broken
down by school and grade.  This may help you.

It may help us offer advice if we knew why you need to sort them by class and
whether or not you need to be able to sort when viewing account running on the
system or just have a record of accounts in a spreadsheet that you can sort.