Re: [K12OSN] OT database help

I'd suggest writing to the Pykota mailliset Peter.
Jerome or one of the gurus there likely would be able to answer you with a one-liner ;)

But for Pykota.
you add printers to printer groups
and you add users to user groups and then you can assign those groups to printers or printer groups.

Pykota has all of this available to you via the 'edpykota' command.

--Huck

Peter Hartmann wrote:
The scenario is this: The 8th grade needs more pykota credits because
they are doing a paper.  I'd like to be able to add those credits for
the group to postgresql.  FYI,I haven't added the users yet and I'm a
little confused.  There are some printers I only want teachers to
print to. Would I be adding a group "students" and then adding the
classes groups to "students" and then the individulas to the classes
groups?  Then I could add the student group to the printers I want
accessible to students? Does that make sense and is that a good way to
do it?  I figured that if I can't add groups to groups in the
postgresql backend then I'd need a sortable list of students.

Thanks,
Peter