[K12OSN] phpSANE - how to get it working?

John Hegarty jh at clongowes.net
Tue Dec 6 18:56:05 UTC 2005

Had a look at phpsane today as I liked the idea of linking the scanner
up to the network.

SANE is working and I can scan pictures ok through gimp etc.
php and apache are both working too.

I'm on k12ltsp 4.4.1

I can't get phpSANE working though. I've tried versions 0.3.3 and 0.4.1
but with no success. when you click on "scan" a popup comes straight
away with a picture to open or save but the file is empty.

The README suggested ;

   "Make sure that your apache user is able to scan with scanimage.
    Your apache user must have write-access to your scanner device, too.
    Another way to solve this problem is installing scanimage
+suid-root."

but I don't know how.

Can anyone point the way?

jh