[K12OSN] New e-Rate guidelines

Eric Feldhusen efeldhusen at chartermi.net
Tue Dec 6 20:14:02 UTC 2005

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
>> It just seems strange to me that you could get 100%
>> credit for a server that only handles internet and
>> email.  But if you go and install an "end-user
>> application" on that same server, your credit gets
>> reduced...
>
> Just step back in your head before filling out the form 471 and remember you
> are buying this server only to extend access to the internet through thin
> terminals.  Then maybe after you put the server into service more things get
> added to it such as central home folders, email, etc. :-)

If you do add things that are non-eligible to an eligible device
purchased under USF and you get an audit, that funding request for that
server could be red-flagged and you'd have to repay the money to the
SLD.  I'd recommend against adding non-eligible services.

--
Eric Feldhusen
System Administrator     http://www.remc1.org