Re: [K12OSN] New e-Rate guidelines

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
It just seems strange to me that you could get 100%
credit for a server that only handles internet and
email.  But if you go and install an "end-user
application" on that same server, your credit gets
reduced...

Just step back in your head before filling out the form 471 and remember you
are buying this server only to extend access to the internet through thin
terminals.  Then maybe after you put the server into service more things get
added to it such as central home folders, email, etc. :-)

If you do add things that are non-eligible to an eligible device purchased under USF and you get an audit, that funding request for that server could be red-flagged and you'd have to repay the money to the SLD. I'd recommend against adding non-eligible services.

--
Eric Feldhusen
System Administrator     http://www.remc1.org