[K12OSN] How to make your users love Linux

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Wed Dec 7 00:55:34 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 09:24 -0800, Huck wrote:
> powerful is all fine and dandy ;)
> I prefer simplicity, PINE...many dislike pine for sure.
> But like I say when I see a Lotus or Ferrari cruise'n down the road
> at 65 mph... "What a waste of power if you aren't going to use it."
> And my mail habits are quite simplex like the majority of email users,
> thus, I don't feel that anyone will fall in love with Linux because of
> the MUTT mail client.

pine is like vanilla ice cream.  If you've never had another kind of ice
cream you can easily say it's everything you need.  But if you try
enough of the other gadzillion flavours you're going to find there's
something you like even more because vanilla is just too basic.  Mutt is
significantly more complex than pine, but it has many _necessary_
features that pine just lacks.  Once you've learned to use those
features, there's no way to go back.

-Toshio