Re: [K12OSN] Documentation question

Quoting Todd O'Bryan (toddobryan mac com):
> >I'd say security-wise...the phrase "not possible for another
> >student to have access" on a K12LTSP system...wouldn't really hold
> >up anywhere.
>
> But then it wouldn't hold up for anything... No system is impervious
> to security breaches, and yet we still hold people responsible for
> what happens with their codes and passwords unless they can prove
> that they were compromised. We have to. Otherwise we'd have cases of
> everyone denying that they did anything.

It is indeed devilishly hard to prove unless you can show that other
people didn't likely have physical access at the times in question.
That is hard to do in a shared lab or on a network.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.647.1295  tollfree 800-949-1889 <mike perusion com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown