Re: [K12OSN] How to make your users love Linux

Quoting Mike Ely (mely rogueriver k12 or us):
> Bill Kendrick wrote:
> >On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 06:15:56PM -0700, Stephen J. Smoogen wrote:
> >>I know this from the silliness of having tried to switch from pine
> >>many times. I used mutt for a month straight and found that for its
> >>extra features, its gui and feel of editing were so different
> >                                      ^^^^^^^
> >
> If you all don't stop this, I'm going to set all your inits to
> /usr/bin/emacs - oh also, emacs mailhandler is pretty far beyond pine or
> mutt (and lacks the license encumberances of pine).

Oh, I sort of doubt the lisp-based mail of Emacs is beyond Mutt anymore.
All of its previous power advantage came from the lisp scripting hooks,
and how that you can do Perl or Python for Mutt it blows that away.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.647.1295  tollfree 800-949-1889 <mike perusion com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown