[K12OSN] Firefox question

Brad Thomas bthomas at psysolutions.com
Wed Dec 7 14:40:05 UTC 2005

I'd highly recommend looking into setting up a Proxy and WebFilter.
Squid is extremely easy to setup.  For the WebFilter, I'd recommend
using squidGaurd.  Again, that's very easy to setup.  You can download
an already premade "blacklist" that will block out the porn sites.
Also, you should setup Webmin and install SARG (Squid Access Report
Generator).  This is also easy to setup.  You can configure it to
automatically generates reports for you each night so you can adjust
your blacklists appropriately.  I am a novice at Linux, and was able to
get that setup and going in just one day without any problems.  Plenty
of documentation out there on it.