Re: [K12OSN] Firefox question

I'd highly recommend looking into setting up a Proxy and WebFilter. Squid is extremely easy to setup. For the WebFilter, I'd recommend using squidGaurd. Again, that's very easy to setup. You can download an already premade "blacklist" that will block out the porn sites. Also, you should setup Webmin and install SARG (Squid Access Report Generator). This is also easy to setup. You can configure it to automatically generates reports for you each night so you can adjust your blacklists appropriately. I am a novice at Linux, and was able to get that setup and going in just one day without any problems. Plenty of documentation out there on it.

John P. Conlon wrote:

At my school we have some ambitious and enterprising students who like to find and look at nude pictures. Our district filter stops a great deal of this but when a student succeeds we need to deal with the situation and also get the sites added to the block list. All of this leads to my question;

Is there a way to print the Firefox usage history for a specific user either from the user's login or from ROOT? If there is how do I go about doing it?

Thanks in advance
Pat