From: Brad Thomas <bthomas psysolutions com>
Date: Wednesday, December 7, 2005 7:40 am
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] Firefox question

I'd highly recommend looking into setting up a Proxy and WebFilter.

Squid is extremely easy to setup.  For the WebFilter, I'd recommend
using squidGaurd.  Again, that's very easy to setup.  You can
download
an already premade "blacklist" that will block out the porn sites.
Also, you should setup Webmin and install SARG (Squid Access Report
Generator).  This is also easy to setup.  You can configure it to
automatically generates reports for you each night so you can
adjust
your blacklists appropriately.  I am a novice at Linux, and was
able to
get that setup and going in just one day without any problems.
Plenty
of documentation out there on it.

John P. Conlon wrote:

At my school we have some ambitious and enterprising students who

like

to find and look at nude pictures.  Our district filter stops a

great

deal of this but when a student succeeds we need to deal with the
situation and also get the sites added to the block list.  All of

this

leads to my question;

Is there a way to print the Firefox usage history for a specific

user

either from the user's login or from ROOT?  If there is how do I

go

about doing it?

Thanks in advance
Pat