[K12OSN] Firefox question

Tim Litwiller tim at litwiller.net
Wed Dec 7 16:39:58 UTC 2005

That is what this will provide - even if you don't setup the block list
- by setting up the proxy you will be making log files for everything
requested - so then sarg or some other log analyzer can give you reports
of what has been requested - you can load the blacklists but not have
the proxy do anything but log violations - then you will have a list of
sites accessed that it would have blocked. that is the list you submit
to the district.

I'd say it is worth the time setting it up just for that. 3-6 hr or less
getting it setup then a few minutes a week running the log analyzer and
submitting the sites you want blocked
versus
no time up front but 3-4 hr a week looking thru firefox history files
for sites in a hard to read file - and if not properly locked down the
student can clear the history file.