Re: [K12OSN] Firefox question

Our district does the blocking at their level in the network. Occasionally a student goes looking for the things that haven't been blocked yet and the ones where the jerks have found a new way around the filters. When they find them the students get a visit to the assistant principal and enjoy several days of in-school punishment suspension. The with last occurrence we had a father threaten to sue the school and various teachers etc. which is why we are looking for things that a tech illiterate judge would understand. Being able to print out a hard copy of that individuals network user history is among the most desirable things to be able to do.
Thanks
Pat

Brad Thomas wrote:

I'd highly recommend looking into setting up a Proxy and WebFilter. Squid is extremely easy to setup. For the WebFilter, I'd recommend using squidGaurd. Again, that's very easy to setup. You can download an already premade "blacklist" that will block out the porn sites. Also, you should setup Webmin and install SARG (Squid Access Report Generator). This is also easy to setup. You can configure it to automatically generates reports for you each night so you can adjust your blacklists appropriately. I am a novice at Linux, and was able to get that setup and going in just one day without any problems. Plenty of documentation out there on it.

John P. Conlon wrote:

At my school we have some ambitious and enterprising students who like to find and look at nude pictures. Our district filter stops a great deal of this but when a student succeeds we need to deal with the situation and also get the sites added to the block list. All of this leads to my question;

Is there a way to print the Firefox usage history for a specific user either from the user's login or from ROOT? If there is how do I go about doing it?

Thanks in advance
Pat