Re: [K12OSN] Firefox question

John P. Conlon wrote:
Our district does the blocking at their level in the network. Occasionally a student goes looking for the things that haven't been blocked yet and the ones where the jerks have found a new way around the filters. When they find them the students get a visit to the assistant principal and enjoy several days of in-school punishment suspension. The with last occurrence we had a father threaten to sue the school and various teachers etc. which is why we are looking for things that a tech illiterate judge would understand. Being able to print out a hard copy of that individuals network user history is among the most desirable things to be able to do.
Thanks
Pat

If you're looking for a solid evidence trail, you're in for a much more expensive ride - a printout like you describe will likely be binned out of hand as heresay if it's introduced on its own.

What would be more likely to be effective in that venue is a court-recognized expert witness who can testify to the contents of the cache, along with testimony related to the accuracy of the timestamps and the fact that those cache files were found in that student's profile. If at that point you can prove that the student was actually at that computer at the time matching the timestamps and not some other student, then you've got a case.

Of course, you can expect to pay three figures per-hour for an expert witness that has experience in such litigation.

Mike