Re: [K12OSN] I need to make Flash work faster....wanna pitch

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Peter Hartmann wrote:

2) When just the animation in its own window is up, you can right click
on it and select the "quality". It comes at "high quality" which is
easy to understand why - the backgrounds are in gradients, etc.
Reducing the quality to low, drops the CPU use to about 6-8% iirc. I'm
not sure why I couldn't do this in the original window - I'm not sure
if the animation was in a layer or you just can't do it if it's
embedded in html and not standing alone.

Good sleuthing William.  When I play the game in it's own window it
goes from 42% to 26% when switching from high to low.  That's pretty
dramatic.

Does anyone
know of a way to force Flash Player preferences?

There must be a way. I'd love to know how to do it!

I'm not sure if this is useful or not, but flash does save preferences
in ~/.macromedia

It is all binary files, but you might be able to set up one user
the way you want and copy .macromedia to all of the other user's
home directories (and /etc/skel).

-Eric