Re: [K12OSN] Users homepage gets 403 error

File permissions??

On Dec 11, 2005, at 12:00 AM, Barry R Cisna wrote:

Hello list,

      Could someone possibly,,,clue me in,,on why when ,,,,after
uncommenting out the "users" homefolder/public_html  directive in the
Apache/http.conf file, to allow for the use of,,it, They are getting 403 forbidden in Apache. Ive seen lots of 403 error,, gotcha's,,but cant figure
out,,whats up..
I "upped "the /home/ folder ,,along with the ~/user/public_html/ folder as
well, to 755(even 777),,restarted httpd,,and still 403 forbidden, Just
trying to get this working for the first time,,for students...
Im sure Apache is seeing the URL..otherwise,,we wouldnt be getting the "you do not have permission to access the ~/xyz folder on this server",,message.
We've tryed .../localhost/~user and ../localhost/~user/
No Joy,,
Ideas..??.

Thanks for any input..

Barry