[K12OSN] Help with yum update error

Paul Zagoridis paulz at zagz.com
Mon Dec 12 13:12:32 UTC 2005

Hi All

I'm trying to get my head around this error for a few days without
success. I basically can't run yum update

I've tried (without success) # yum remove k12ltsp-extras
then manually install the missing dependency # rpm -ivh (all three
dependencies)
followed by  # yum install k12ltsp-extras

Any suggestions would be welcome. We don't use IceWM either.

# yum update
Repository extras is listed more than once in the configuration
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
core                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
dries                     100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
freshrpms                 100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
k12ltsp                   100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
webmin                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
newrpms.sunsite.dk        100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
updates                   100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
updates-released          100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
base                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
Resolving Dependencies
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Package icewm.i386 0:1.2.23-1.2.fc4.rf set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: icewm-l10n for package: k12ltsp-extras
--> Processing Dependency: icewm-themes for package: k12ltsp-extras
--> Processing Dependency: icewm-menu-gnome2 for package: k12ltsp-extras
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: icewm-l10n is needed by package k12ltsp-extras
Error: Missing Dependency: icewm-themes is needed by package k12ltsp-extras
Error: Missing Dependency: icewm-menu-gnome2 is needed by package
k12ltsp-extras