[K12OSN] How to turn off *#$&(*&$ spatial browsing?

So I just got my k12LTSP server up and running, and have logged in with a test account. Unfortunately, it wants to use the astonishingly _stupid_ gnome default spatial browsing (AKA "let's pretend we're on a System 7 Mac or Win3.1 - isn't it modern?), which in the hands of a bunch of seventh-graders is going to be an intractable mess very quickly.

So how do I set the system-wide default to whatever fugliness gnome offers that's not "Open a new window with each directory opened?"

Cheers,
Mike