[K12OSN] K12LTSP with iMac terminal

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Tue Dec 13 04:09:04 UTC 2005

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 14:19:06 +0000
Rob Beard <rob at esdellecomputers.co.uk> wrote:

> Doesn't appear that any other programs work with the sound though.
> They always seem to want to talk directly to /dev/dsp
>
> Regards,
>
> Rob

This is mostly true - it really depends on the program.  The wiki has a
great explaination of how to get sound from Flash with Mozilla/Firefox.
As for the other programs, I set up a bunch of scripts that I have added
to the front of the users path.  All scripts are located in
/usr/local/esd-bin/ and each script looks something like this (using the

/usr/local/esd-bin/frozen-bubble one as an example):

#!/bin/sh
if [ "$DISPLAY" != ":0.0" ]; then
   echo "running $0 with esd wrapper."
    exec esddsp /usr/games/frozen-bubble