[K12OSN] starting from scratch ...

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 14 11:02:24 UTC 2005

By "image", I'm assuming you are referring to the
kernel.  Your dhcpd.conf file will have a line like
this:

filename        "/lts/vmlinuz-2.4.26-ltsp-3";

Note that there is no /lts directory in your root
directory on your server.  The location of the /lts
directory is defined by your tftp setup, which is
located either in /etc/inetd.conf or in
/etc/xinet.d/tftpd (or something like that).

With a stock ltsp setup, I believe the tftp "root" is
/tftpboot. If your tftp setup is specifying /tftpboot
as the "root" (using the -s switch), and you have the
above line in your dhcpd.conf file, then you will need
to make sure that /tftpboot/lts/vmlinuz-2.4.26-ltsp-3
is present, because that's what the software is going
to look for.

Note that some distributions default to putting tftp
stuff in /var/lib/tftpboot instead of in /tftpboot.

-Rob