Re: [K12OSN] thin client t5125

Somebody asked that same question last week. I don't remember if it was on the k12osn list or the ltsp-discuss list.

The problem is the X.org xserver doesn't automatically detect the correct amount of video ram.

The solution is to add

   X_VIDEORAM = 4096

to the lts.conf file.

The problem is I don't remember the exact value you need to plug in there. 4096 might work, or you could try 3072 or some other value. I tried searching the k12osn and ltsp-discuss archives, but couldn't find the answer. If you get it working, please report back, so we can update the ltsp wiki for others.

Thanks,
Jim McQuillan
jam Ltsp org

Ondrej Rusek wrote:
Hi,
I have new t5125 clients in our school with PXE-booting from a Fedora Core 3 server with LTSP. The terminal boots up fine, detects the hardware, loads via graphics driver, and I can login, but when I start an application f.ex. a terminal session, and I drag the window around, I get a thin horizontal line of "noise" on the screen. If I keep dragging the window the noise line gets thicker and finally the terminal dies - stops responding to keyboard and mouse.

Is there any way of making the t5125 work properly with the via driver?