[K12OSN] SATA and K12LTSP

Mike Heins k12osn at perusion.com
Thu Dec 15 17:45:49 UTC 2005

Quoting Jim Hays (haysja at sages.us):
> A friend who uses K12LTSP just bought a new server for his K12LTSP lab
> that has SATA drives.  He is trying to install K12LTSP 4.4.1 and it will
> not install on the SATA drives.
>
> Does K12LTSP "play nice" with SATA?  Does he need a newer version.

I am running 4.4.1 with SATA. I suspect it has as much to do with the
kernel and the kernel arguments as anything else.

Is this the Fedora Core 4 version?

Depending on the server, it may require booting with acpi=off in the
kernel arguments.

--
Mike Heins

Any man who is under 30, and is not liberal, has not heart; and any man
who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has not brains.
 -- Winston Churchill