[K12OSN] apache problem?

Steve Hampton wolfravenous at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 18:48:16 UTC 2005

Hi

Quick question for those who are experts at web hosting.  I am using
SquidGuard which I know utilizes apache.  And I know that Apache is
running cause squidguard is working.  However when i try to view the
default apache page by typing in http://localhost/index.html in my
browser window I get the following error.

The connection was refused when attempting to contact localhost.

 Any suggestions as to why I might not be able to view the default
page.  I want to host a site on my k12ltsp by dropping it in my
/var/www/htm/ directory but right now appearently apache isn't serving
up pages for me.
Thanks
Steven Hampton
--