Re: [K12OSN] apache problem?

Steve Hampton wrote:
Hi

Quick question for those who are experts at web hosting.  I am using
SquidGuard which I know utilizes apache.  And I know that Apache is
running cause squidguard is working.

Actually, squidGuard uses squid.

However when i try to view the
default apache page by typing in http://localhost/index.html in my
browser window I get the following error.

The connection was refused when attempting to contact localhost.

 Any suggestions as to why I might not be able to view the default
page.  I want to host a site on my k12ltsp by dropping it in my
/var/www/htm/ directory but right now appearently apache isn't serving
up pages for me.
Thanks
Steven Hampton
--
Open Source, The Right Thing To Do!

Try this:

	/sbin/service httpd status

If it doesn't say httpd is running, start it...

	/sbin/service httpd start

To make sure that httpd starts on bootup:

	/sbin/chkconfig httpd on

-Eric