[K12OSN] SATA and K12LTSP

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 02:30:29 UTC 2005

On 12/16/05, William Fragakis <william at fragakis.com> wrote:
> > A friend who uses K12LTSP just bought a new server for his K12LTSP lab
> > that has SATA drives.  He is trying to install K12LTSP 4.4.1 and it
> > will
> > not install on the SATA drives.
> >
> > Does K12LTSP "play nice" with SATA?  Does he need a newer version.
>
> K12 does play relatively nice with most chip sets but I had problem
> with the new ATI 9x00 chipset in an MSI board. K12 wouldn't recognize
> it but FC4 would. You/he could try installing FC4 first and see if that
> works (install k12 at the end where it asks if you have any additional
> CDs)

That ATi on MSI boards is agp controller but the sata controller is
actually is SiL and it does not get recognised. SiL is doing some work
(last I checked) and has a beta driver out. BUT I also followed what
you did and built a software raid. It is working without the trouble.

--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux