Re: [K12OSN] 64bit ISOs, almost beta-ready

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Eric Harrison wrote:

The firefox/acroread problem can be fixed by running "setarch i386"
before starting firefox. I'll rebuild the firefox package to do that
auto-magically, just in case other plugins get confused about which
arch they are running on vs the arch that firefox was built against.

Grrr. So much for a quick, trivial-to-implement fix.

The "setarch i386" trick only works on the specific build of firefox included in the current 4.2.2EL-64 test repository.

I've figured out other scenarios where firefox always works, or
always breaks, but have not yet figured out why.

Back to banging my head against the monitor ;-)

-Eric