[K12OSN] Sharing TeacherTool

Hi folks

I am wanting to give the teacher in charge of the K12LTSP lab (4.4.1) at each campus access to TeacherTool without giving them the root password. I've tried chmod 771 TeacherTool, adding teacheruser to root's group, adding root to teacheruser group and even chgrp TeacherTool to teacheruser to no avail. The teacheruser account can run and see what apps users are running, but the kill command or the logoff command don't work... I could use some help here...
Thanks
Alan Hodson
El Paso ISD, TX
-=o=-