[K12OSN] upgrading k12ltsp

Burke Almquist balmquist at mindfirestudios.com
Sun Dec 18 00:04:51 UTC 2005

The stuff in /home is all user data. So you should be able to just do
straight upgrades if you really would like. Lots of people on this
list back up their /etc directory where all the config files are and
parts of /var if they have websites or databases in there. Some just
to a whole backup, just to be safe, do a fresh install, and then put
their config files back. Bottom line: you shouldn't have to mess
with /home. (I can only think of a couple exceptions that have to do
with new versions of a program not dealing gracefully with old user
preference files. But then you only have to delete the pref file for
that program, not all of /home.