Re: [K12OSN] upgrading k12ltsp

The stuff in /home is all user data. So you should be able to just do straight upgrades if you really would like. Lots of people on this list back up their /etc directory where all the config files are and parts of /var if they have websites or databases in there. Some just to a whole backup, just to be safe, do a fresh install, and then put their config files back. Bottom line: you shouldn't have to mess with /home. (I can only think of a couple exceptions that have to do with new versions of a program not dealing gracefully with old user preference files. But then you only have to delete the pref file for that program, not all of /home.