[K12OSN] Thin-client Linux Map Has 296 Listings - Discussion Forum Added

Steve Hargadon steve.hargadon at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 05:37:25 UTC 2005

We're almost to the 300 mark on the Frappr map at www.k12ltsp.com.  I
haven't had time to enter the TuXlab and Skolelinux sites, which would
add a couple of hundred, but I'm convinced that we can get to 1000
pretty easily.  Be sure to tell your friends if they havn't registered
yet.  It's a great way to show the strength of the thin-client Linux
community.

At the Developers Conference in Montreal, there was talk of starting a
second discussion list just for those who wanted basic information, so
that they don't have to wade through the technical discussions of
those on the cutting edge (which can sometimes seem overwhelming to
the new user).  The Frappr map people have added a menu item for a
discussion group, so I started one with Google that is now linked to
the map.  My hope is that those wanting to ask pre-installation or
general questions will be able to do so in this forum.

If someone (JAM?) has already got this beginner list going, just let
me know and I'll change the link to that list and just delete the one
I created.  :)

Steve
--
Steve Hargadon