[K12OSN] upgrading k12ltsp

Carl Keil carl at snarlnet.com
Sun Dec 18 19:12:30 UTC 2005

From: Peter Hartmann <ascensiontech at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] upgrading k12ltsp
To: "Support list for opensource software in schools."
	<k12osn at redhat.com>

>> then installing k12ltsp as usual
>> from disks on hda, then hooking back up hdb and pointing home at it in
>

>Just to clarify things, I think what you described here is probably
>considered a fresh install more than an upgrade.  Have you backed up
>your users to a batch file with webmin?

>Peter

This has me wondering.  Are people actually getting away with booting off the first CD and selecting "upgrade"?  I thought a clean install was really the only way to upgrade - that actual "upgrading" was a sure trip to trouble.  I would soooo like to take the easy way out on this if there's a 90% chance of it working.

ck