Re: [K12OSN] upgrading k12ltsp

From: Peter Hartmann <ascensiontech gmail com>
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] upgrading k12ltsp
To: "Support list for opensource software in schools."
	<k12osn redhat com>

then installing k12ltsp as usual
from disks on hda, then hooking back up hdb and pointing home at it in

Just to clarify things, I think what you described here is probably
considered a fresh install more than an upgrade.  Have you backed up
your users to a batch file with webmin?

Peter

This has me wondering.  Are people actually getting away with booting off the first CD and selecting "upgrade"?  I thought a clean install was really the only way to upgrade - that actual "upgrading" was a sure trip to trouble.  I would soooo like to take the easy way out on this if there's a 90% chance of it working.

ck