[K12OSN] ppc booting help

cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Mon Dec 19 19:38:09 UTC 2005

Hello list,
Just done a fresh install of K12LTSP 4.4.1.This is the first time I ve
tryed to get
IMACS& EMACS to boot up.The firmware version on the IMAC im trying to
bootup..is 3.0. At
startup, I do the ,,Apple+Options+f+o. I type at the command line--- boot
enet:serveripaddress.There is.. approxiamatley 2 min delay,,then i get
Server  Ip
address[ correrct IP address] then a second line server IP address[
ffffffffff] then i
get a line of yaboot.conf..This were MAC stops...;( At
server,/tail/var/log/messages is
showing"load size is too small",error writing 4 bytes to socket xxx. About
three years
ago,,when We fisr started into K12LTSP...i did get the server[ffffffff].it
turned out to
be we still had a windows server doing dhcp,as well.It came up to the same
error message
ID'ing the server. I did edit the /opt/ltsp/ppc/etc/lts.conf file to
refelct the ip
address (eth0),of our server ( not default ip address).
My testbed is on a seperate switch,,directly from the K12LTSP server so as
to not have
any conflict with other network,, "stuff".Is it possible older/firmware
versions,,arent
smart enough to network boot corretly?
This is the translucent "blue" cased IMAC..
Do i need to hand edit any other files,& should the 192.168.0.254 server
ip address be
left alone?.[ in the ppc/etc/lts.conf folder].
Ive read lots of posts were people dont have any trouble booting the IMACS
from either
the "N" key or from the boot enet: command line,,
Anyone have any ideas??
Thanks,

Barry Cisna