[K12OSN] ppc booting help

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Mon Dec 19 20:06:22 UTC 2005

> Apple+Options+f+o. I type at the command line--- boot
> enet:serveripaddress.

Sometimes I have better luck with command line---
boot enet:serveripaddress,yaboot

There is a chance just adding the ,yaboot will help you out.

> translucent "blue" cased IMAC..

Chances are your XF86Config file won't work and your Xserver will fail once
you get things to boot right.  If this is the Indigo (dark blue translucent)
there should be a XF86Config-4.indigo file under /opt/ltsp/ppc/etc folder
along with sample config in lts.conf for setting that machine to grab the file.

Hope that helps.  If not it would be helpful to know if you did a single NIC
install or if you are running dual NIC install.  Also if you changed your IP
from the default during installation or post installation.