[K12OSN] Using ibooks in conjunction with k12LTSP/debianedu

The school I work for is in the process of planning a serious
technology overhaul. Given the recommendations of the independent
consultant the board hired I am preparing to propose getting iBooks
for the older students and the teaching staff, setting up the current
lab of very old PIII dells using K12LTSP (or maybe the debianedu
skolelinux distro??) for the K-4 students, and upgrading our current
authentication/file/mail/web server (current running K12LTSP) to
improve storage space and redundancy, and allow it to rackmount near
the DSL modem so we can use it to proxy our network traffic as well.

Take this from someone who's used Macs in 1987 and has a house full of them. Mac OS is even more closed than
Windows. It's beautiful, elegant and... proprietary.

Consider the following:
1) take a look at the freenx project. It may redefine remote access in your mind.
2) PIIIs from 933 and above can easily serve 3 or 4 clients.