[K12OSN] Upgrading to 4.4.1 leaves me with grey screen w/X on the clients

Hello Everyone,

Thank you Eric (and others) for your advice about upgrading. I decided to try a real upgrade instead of a clean install. I think everything went pretty well. I had a few dependency issues and 1.2 gigs of yum upgrade after feeding my server the 5 CDs!!! But now my clients hang at the dreaded x cursor on the grey background. I've tried everything in this wiki page: http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/Troubleshooting-GrayScreen to no avail. And almost everything needed to be changed according to what they listed there.

What other applicable conf files are likely to have been hosed in the upgrade? Does anyone know? I still get no results at all from running

netstat -anp | grep ":177 "

ck