[K12OSN] Merry Christmas to all K12LTSPer's

Larry McPherson lmcpherson at mail.sumner.k12.me.us
Wed Dec 21 16:28:49 UTC 2005

I would agree with your observation.  Peninsula School is our proof of
concept school and about 85% of all hardware runs on some version of Linux,
10% run Windows, and 5% are Macs.  I've deployed one server in a
kindergarten room which the teachers/ed-techs love, but I have other stand
alone machines that people hate & I suspect these users will continue to
hate regardless of what I have to say.  The folks that hate K12LTSP recite
multiple reasons (MS Office, and educational software that runs on a MAC or
Windows machines ---- but not Linux).  Some folks would hate anything new --
it seems to be in their nature.

I think about 80% of my users will go with the flow - and learn as we deploy
OSS.  About 15% are diehard Windows or Mac users and take every opportunity
to complain about Linux.  Five percent just don't care.

Our superintendent supports K12LTSP - so we will continue to roll out more
desktops and servers running various versions of OSS.

Larry