[K12OSN] hard drive SCSI vs IDE-opinions

Nick Hadgis nick.hadgis at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 17:28:30 UTC 2005

If I'm reading this correctly your mail server scanning internal email for
spam/viruses. Is there anyway to disable spam/virus checks for internal
email? Sounds like this is causing  your performance issue.

If your client virus definitions are kept up to date there's not much of a
risk of viruses spreading via email. If anyone within your organization is
sending spam to other internal users, then a proverbial smack on the side of
the head should fix the problem.

This is what we did at my last comany. We had 2 SMTP servers which handled
internet email, scanning incoming internet email for spam & viruses, but
only scanned internet outbound email for virues. Internal email was not
scanned, we never had an issue with viruses spreading via internal email.

user1 at yourdomain -> user2 at yourdomain - not scanned for viruses or spam
user1 at yourdomain -> user at someinternetaddress - scanned for viruses only
user at someinternetaddress -> user1 at yourdomain - scanned for viruses and spam

-Nick