[K12OSN] Postfix/Amavisd-new help?

cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Thu Dec 22 17:41:12 UTC 2005

Hello List,

This is ,sort of, a repost of my post here of a couple days ago,
Can anyone familiar with Postfix/Amavisd-new give me a howto,,on bypassing
local(localdomain), email virus/spam scanning?
I have the Amavisd-new webmin plugin,for webmin,, but im not quite sure
what i need to mod,,to bypass local/intranet mail scanning.
I looked through the amavisd.conf file and am not sure how to
decipher,,some of the comments in there,as well.:(.
The actual amavisd-new website does not mention any howtos,on actually
bypassing scanning for ..a particular domaninname.
Our prob is when our secretaries(3),,each mass email,, 350 users,,the
dailey announcments,,our mail server is pulled down to nothing for about
10 mins.
As someone suggested here,,i should be able to bypass..local mail scanning
which makes sense to me,,,,,duuuhhhh me..:).
I know amavisd-new " hijacks" spamassain configs,,and if i try and bypass
spam scanning in spamassasin for our domain,,SA,,still s ans our intranet
emails.
Just thought maybe soemone here has tryed to do the same thing,,im trying
to setup..
Using: Postfix/Dovecot/Amavisd-new/Spamassasin/clamav

Thanks,,

Barry Cisna