Re: [K12OSN] A good network discover program- NTOP-

Barry R Cisna wrote:
Hello List,

Just thought Id throw this out,for someone,,that might be looking for a good
network" discovery tool" . I found this about a year ago,and havent found
anything better,for doing a general mapping of your lan. It has support for
Fibre..etc.It even ID's HP printers, WAP's.etc with their on icons for easy
visual's trying to decipher,,what all you have conglomerated,,on your
network.If you are like me,,and are vague on documenting IP address/MAC's
etc,,this is pretty handy. Im sure there are others out there comparible to
NTOP.. There is an rpm, that works for FC2-3-4..and I got it to install
without whinning for any other dependencies!
Just install the RPM,, run the commandline one time,, its started then point
your browser to,,, localhost:3000  & view your network.
I m sure many here have heard about it,or are using it,but maybe some
havent..
Hope this helps someone,,,
Take Care,,,,

Barry