Re: [K12OSN] A good network discover program- NTOP-

Les Mikesell wrote:
On Fri, 2005-12-23 at 03:00, Brian Chivers wrote:
What command did you issue on the command line ?, it'll give me a start rather then plowing through the man page :-)

If you install the rpm you should be able to:
service ntop start
but there is something special I've forgotten about starting
it the first time where you have to give it a password.

There is probably something that I don't know. I did a debian stable install. /etc/init.d/ntop start did not activate the service, or at least it was not accessible via port 3000. In launching it interactively I was asked to input an admin password, and everything is working well.

--scott