Re: [K12OSN] Postfix/Amavisd-new help?

cisna-barry wc235 k12 il us wrote:
Hello List,

This is ,sort of, a repost of my post here of a couple days ago,
Can anyone familiar with Postfix/Amavisd-new give me a howto,,on bypassing
local(localdomain), email virus/spam scanning?
I have the Amavisd-new webmin plugin,for webmin,, but im not quite sure
what i need to mod,,to bypass local/intranet mail scanning.
I looked through the amavisd.conf file and am not sure how to
decipher,,some of the comments in there,as well.:(.
The actual amavisd-new website does not mention any howtos,on actually
bypassing scanning for ..a particular domaninname.
Our prob is when our secretaries(3),,each mass email,, 350 users,,the
dailey announcments,,our mail server is pulled down to nothing for about
10 mins.
As someone suggested here,,i should be able to bypass..local mail scanning
which makes sense to me,,,,,duuuhhhh me..:).
I know amavisd-new " hijacks" spamassain configs,,and if i try and bypass
spam scanning in spamassasin for our domain,,SA,,still s ans our intranet
emails.
Just thought maybe soemone here has tryed to do the same thing,,im trying
to setup..
Using: Postfix/Dovecot/Amavisd-new/Spamassasin/clamav

Thanks,,

Barry Cisna

Hi Barry,

First, an answer to your question:

If I read your email correctly, you are looking for the
bypass_spam_checks_acl and bypass_virus_checks_acl parameters.

The HOWTO is at http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/README.lookups

Perhaps something such as this would do the trick:

@bypass_spam_checks_acl qw(
  1.2.3.0/24
  127.0.0.0/8
  10.0.0.0/8
  172.16.0.0/12
  192.168.0.0/16 );
@bypass_virus_checks_acl qw(
  1.2.3.0/24
  127.0.0.0/8
  10.0.0.0/8
  172.16.0.0/12
  192.168.0.0/16 );

where "1.2.3.0/24" is replaced with the IP range for your network.

A tip: the email above is hard to read and the formating is a bit
random. I had to re-read it several times. I have found that I get
quicker, more accurate responses when I take a few extra minutes to ask
clear, easy to read questions.

The easier you make it for people to help, the more likely they are to
help ;-)

-Eric