[K12OSN] Security of Flash drive in thin client.

ae roy roy ae.roy at operamail.com
Sun Dec 25 09:13:02 UTC 2005

I've successfully managed to get my usb flashdrives working with ltsp 4.1, using the howto in
http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/LocalMedia
and the mail to the list from  Shawn Austin:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/k12osn/2005-May/msg00721.html

It works very well, thank you.

I only have one question; security. The way this is working now, once the Flash drive is in thin client, everyone on the network has access to it.

Is there anyway that I can prevent that? Maybe limit access to the user currently logged in, or maybe setup some form of authentication (I'm using LDAP).

ae.roy