[K12OSN] Re: Fl_TeacherTool 0.2 Released

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Sun Dec 25 18:42:06 UTC 2005

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005, Robert Arkiletian wrote:

> On 12/24/05, Robert Arkiletian <robark at gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://www3.telus.net/public/robark/Fl_TeacherTool/
>> Here is the release notes:
>> Fl_TeacherTool 0.2
>> released Dec 24, 2005
>>

> Thought people might like to know that I'm going to release 0.21 soon
> (maybe a week) to address some security issues and some potential bug
> fixes. Eric is helping me fix things.

The only serious security issue is a "documentation bug". Step 4 of
the install instructions say to add "xhost +192.168.0.254" to the
end of /etc/profile. That is not necessary with Fl_TeacherTool 0.2
and "xhost" is a big security hole.

If you have installed Fl_TeacherTool, just remove the "xhost +192.168.0.254"
line from /etc/profiles.

I created packages for Fl_TeacherTool and added them to the K12LTSP
repositories for anyone who wants to play with it. It is pretty slick ;-)

 	yum install fl_teachertool

-Eric